Appendix A: These are the requirements
NB The cost of Form 10 is DK1,200.00.
1. Write an application addressed to the Hon. Minister for the Interior for the grant of Dual Citizenship.
2. Purchase Form 10 from the Embassy of Ghana, Copenhagen, and complete it.
3. Attach the following documents to Form 10 and submit to the Embassy:
- Evidence of Ghanaian Nationality - Birth Certificate /Passport;
- For persons who have renounced their Ghanaian Citizenship, evidence of Renunciation of Ghanaian Citizenship;
- Evidence of Parents’ nationality – Passport/Voters ID Card/Birth Certificate;
- Particulars of two (2) close relatives living in Ghana who may be contacted for further information, as follows:
a) Names of two close relatives;
b) Postal address of close relatives;
c) Telephone/Mobile Numbers of close relatives.
v. Six (6) passport-size photographs.
NB: The cost of Form 10 is DKK1,200.00.
- A Dual Citizenship Holder shall be:
i. Issued with a Ghana passport or travel document beside the passport of the other country the person holds;
ii. Permitted to remain in Ghana without limitation provided the person entered Ghana on a Ghana passport.
- It is an offence for a Dual Citizenship Holder to use two passports interchangeably to deceive an Immigration Officer. That person would be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding 250 penalty units or a term of imprisonment not exceeding one year or to both.
- No holder of Dual Citizenship shall qualify to be appointed as a holder of any of the public offices specified below:
- Chief Justice and Justice of the Supreme Court
- Ambassador or High Commissioner
- Secretary to the Cabinet
- Chief of Defence Staff or any Service Chief
- Inspector-General of Police
- Commissioner, Customs, Excise & Preventive Service
- Director of Immigration Service
- Commissioner, Value Added Tax Service
- Director-General, Prisons Service
- Chief Fire Officer
- Chief Director of a Ministry
- Rank of Colonel in the Army or its equivalent in the other security services, and
- Any other public office that the Minister may by legislative instrument prescribe.